Endings and Beginnings
Perhaps these two are the same. We had a full, stimulating day (and no rain), and are resting in the knowledge that awareness has grown, that conversations are happening that might not have otherwise, that BDD sufferers perhaps feel less alone. More tomorrow, once we have some photos to post of the rally, orchestrated with panache by the IOCD foundation.
Events of the day:
- Interview on Fox News with Jeff Szymanski, Executive Director of the IOCD Foundation,
- Walk to BDD Clinic to meet Sabine Wilhelm and her staff an MGH,
- Walk to IOCD Foundation office to get our t-shirts and head to the rally,
- I take my final steps to the park, breaking the finish line tape at 552 miles logged, to a crowd of well wishers — many I know, many are new to me,
- Several rally speakers deliver important messages, including David Brown of ABC News, Boston City Councilman Sal LaMattina, and Nancy Farrell, Board member of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Dr. Michael Jenike of Harvard Medical School, and me.
We’ll post more tomorrow, along with photos, once we have had a chance to rest up after all the excitement. Thanks to all, and good night!